Friday, 4/8 – leadership applications due to Dr. Self
4/11-4/14 – leadership interviews (by appointment)
Friday, 4/15 – Drum Major conducting auditions (3PM – band room)
Any band member is eligible to apply for any leadership position, including Band Captain and Drum Major. To apply, please write a letter of application addressing which position(s) you would like to be considered for and why you think you would make a good leader in that/those position(s). Put your letter in an envelope and give it to Dr. Self anytime between now and Friday, April 8th. Other available positions include Drum Captain, Guard Captain, Brass Captain, WW Captain, and section leaders for each section.
All TSTLTS members:
Summer camp begin the first week of August (first day of classes is the 10th!). Camp dates have to go through housing and several other offices before they’re approved, so that’s not set in stone. Start talking with your friends and get them excited about this fall’s marching band – let’s make it the biggest marching band UWG has ever seen!!!
- 8/9 Campus Parade/Welcome Back Blast
- 9/3 UWG vs. Catawba
- 9/17 UWG vs. Delta State
- 9/20 Carroll County Marching Band Exhibition
- 10/8 UWG at Valdosta State
- 10/9 Carrollton Festival of the Arts
- 10/15 UWG vs. West Alabama
- 10/21 Wolves Capture the Square
- 10/22 Homecoming Parade
- 10/22 UWG vs. Mississippi College
- 10/29 UWG at Shorter
- 11/5 UWG vs. Florida Tech
- 11/19 1st round NCAA playoff game
- 11/29 2nd round NCAA playoff game
- 12/3 NCAA Regional final playoff game
- 12/10 NCAA National semi-final playoff game
- 12/17 NCAA National Championship game (Kansas City, MO)
Again, this schedule is tentative. The final schedule will be sent out in July. Please stay tuned to uwgbands.com for any changes!!!